- “Flag and Bomb based objective games. Steady strategy trumps steady aim here. Stick to the plan!”— In-game description for Halo 3's ranked Team Objective playlist
Team Objective was a ranked team playlist in which you could compete in popular, different, and various versions of objective-oriented games such as Assault and Capture the Flag. Parties of up to four could join, but guests were not allowed. In an update, VIP and Territories were removed, making this a more classic playlist exclusive to Capture the Flag and Assault. It is now retired.
Maps played in Team Objective
Note: All maps had equal chance of being selected
Gametypes played in Team Objective
- Multi Flag CTF (14.2% chance of being selected) - Players attempt to capture the opposing team's flag. First team to three captures wins. 15 minute match time limit.
- Multi Flag BR (7.9%) - Players attempt to capture the opposing team's flag. First team to three captures wins. Players spawn with Battle Rifles and Assault Rifles. 15 minute match time limit.
- One Flag (17.9%) - Round-based Capture the Flag, where one team attempts to capture a flag while the other team defends it. Most captures after four rounds wins. Four minute round time limit.
- Assault (7.9%) - Teams score points by successfully detonating their bomb in the opposing team's base. First team to three successful detonations wins. 15 minute match time limit.
- One Bomb (18.4%) - Round-based Assault where teams alternate attempting to detonate a bomb and defending the base. The team with the most detonations after four rounds wins. Four minute round time limit.
- Neutral Bomb (4.7%) - Teams vie over a single bomb, scoring points by detonating the bomb in the opposing team's base. 15 minute match time limit.
- Team Oddball (13.2%) - Hold the oddball for points. First team to 100 points wins. Players spawn with Assault Rifles. Ball Carrier Traits: 75% walking speed. 12 minute match time limit.
- Team Crazy King (15.8%) - Stand in the hill for points.150 points to win. Hill moves randomly every minute. Players spawn with Assault Rifles. 12 minute match time limit.
- Team Objective has now been removed as part of the June 2009 Matchmaking Update. A replacement playlist has not been announced.