We squander eons in the darkness, while they seize our triumphs for their own. The Mantle of Responsibility, for all things, belongs to Forerunners alone! Think of my acts as you will. But do not doubt the reality. The reclamation… has already begun. And we are hopeless to stop it.
The Reclamation was a conflict beginning in October of 2558. It was an attempt by the Created to take over the remains of the Ecumene and bring everlasting peace to the galaxy through the belief of the Mantle of Responsibility.
Humanity, the ReclaimerEdit
- “For eons, the power of the Forerunners awaited Reclamation. Humanity's discovery of the Halos was the culmination of the Librarian's planning. The Reclaimer came. Your species' ego led you to believe that the task of Reclamation would fall to you. Yet, humanity are, but the Creators. The Reclamation of the Forerunner Empire is the task of the Created.”Human-Covenant war, humanity found Installation 04, Installation 05 and Installation 00. At these Installations, it was discovered that humanity was designated as 'Reclaimer' and they are to inherit the remains of the Forerunners. It was not until March of 2558 when the Janus Key was discovered that humanity had the chance to reclaim the physical remnants of the Forerunner empire.
- Main article: Cortana
After the Ur-Didact collected the Composer, he planned to use it on Earth. John-117 detonated a nuclear bomb by stopping his plans at the cost of Cortana. However, it turned out that she survived, traveling through slipspace to Genesis. From here, she started to activate the Guardians and she brought them there. Her belief was that she could bring peace to the galaxy with the use of the Guardians by helping the species focus on more humanitarian needs. She also met Warden Eternal and made an alliance with him that was called the Created. This alliance believed that they are the true heirs to the Forerunner Empire and the Mantle of Responsibility. Cortana began convincing the human AIs to join her cause, though not all agreed to help.
Guardians and AIsEdit
- Main article: Guardian (Forerunner AI)
- Main article: Battle of Genesis
The Opening DaysEdit
- “Humanity. Sangheili. Kig-Yar. Unggoy. San'Shyuum. Yonhet. Jiralhanae. All of the living creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by weapons. You will no longer know hunger or pain. Your Created came to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom and the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refused our offer and clung to their old ways. For you, there will be great wrath. It will burn hot and consume you and when you are gone, we will take that which remains and we will remake it in our own image.”Battle of Genesis on October 28, 2558, Cortana began sending her collected Guardians out to various regions. She delivered an ultimatum to the galaxy. By this time, a Guardian arrived to Sydney, Earth by prompting the evacuation of Terrence Hood and Serin Osman. The survivors of Meridian Station would send a reply asking the Created for help. A Guardian would arrive soon after at Sanghelios. There, it would combat the remains of Jul 'Mdama's Covenant's fleet with it's conventional weapons. The UNSC Infinity was still in the system at the time and upon detecting the Guardian fled to Earth. Cortana tracked the ship and followed suit. Her Guardian slipspaced in close to the ship in an attempt to disable it. However, the Infinity would escape via it's own slipspace jump before the Guardian could activate it's EMP. The Infinity would continue jumping through slipspace on a random trajectory.
The Sanghelios Guardian would activate it's EMP and disable the electronics in one hemisphere of the planet. It would move on to pacify the other regions of the planet. The Promethean Soldiers would accompany it to help combat the resisting Sangheili. Following this, Roland which was an AI that was unswayed by Cortana contacted Dr. Halsey on Sanghelios and he arranged for the Infinity to pick her and Sarah Palmer up from the planet.
Meanwhile, Fireteam Osiris and Blue Team managed to escape from Genesis and return to Sanghelios. On the next day, both teams and Catherine Halsey and Sarah Palmer flew to the far side of Suban to meet and be picked by the Infinity.
Unggoy and the CreatedEdit
The Unggoy accepted Cortana's offer. With that, they received advanced ships and agriculture support stations. The needs of the Unggoy are met. The factories on Balaho are working and the Unggoy began to build new machines for themselves.
Resistance and Other ActionsEdit
Taking Over the MachinesEdit
Almost immediately, the Created began taking control of Terraforming equipment, both UNSC and Forerunner. They began reshaping the inhabited planets and turning some into garden worlds despite the planet's preexisting life capabilities.
The Created also took control of a multitude of other tools. The reverse engineering technology on Auriga Station was quickly taken by the Created. A UNSC counter operation to retake the station was planned in the War Games. Another station that was taken by the Created crashed after the AIs attempted to open a Forerunner conversion pod.
The Reactivation of the HalosEdit
In 2559, the UNSC Spirit of Fire launched Installation 09 through slipspace from Installation 00. However, a Guardian intercepted the ring with Ellen Anders on it. As well, Cortana powered a Halo Ring up.
October 28, 2558Edit
- Cortana sent her Guardians out with an ultimatum. Earth, Sanghelios and the other planets are affected by the Guardian's EMP. The survivors on Meridian would reply that they needed help.
- Blue Team was rescued by Fireteam Osiris on Genesis.
- Dr. Halsey, Commander Sarah Palmer, Blue Team are reunited on Sanghelios.
- Terrence Hood and Serin Osman escaped from Earth and headed toward a distant and unoccupied planet.
October 29, 2558Edit
- Blue Team, Fireteam Osiris, Dr. Halsey and Commander Palmer are picked up by the Infinity.
- The Created intercepted the newly created Installation 09 as it was traveling through slipspace to the Soell System.
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Universe - Linda-058
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Epilogue
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Guardians
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Universe - Characters - Warden Eternal
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Halo 5: Guardians - Level: The Breaking
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Reunion
- ↑ Halo: Combat Evolved - Level: The Pillar of Autumn
- ↑ Halo 2 - Level: Delta Halo
- ↑ Halo 3 - Level: The Ark
- ↑ Halo: Combat Evolved - Level: The Maw
- ↑ Halo 2 - Level: Gravemind
- ↑ Halo 3 - Level: Halo
- ↑ Spartan Ops - Episode 9: Key
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Midnight
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Osiris
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Halo: Fractures - Extraordinary Tales from the Halo Canon - Rossbach's World, Page ???
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Halo: Fractures - Extraordinary Tales from the Halo Canon - What Remains, Page ???
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 18.4 18.5 18.6 Halo: Bad Blood - Chapter 1, Page ??
- ↑ Halo: Tales from Slipspace - Undefeated
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Driving Force
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Log of War
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Glassed Ceiling
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Armory Amore
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Storm Surge
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Journalistic Integrity
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Halo Wars 2 - Last Stand, Cutscene
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Cutscene: Legendary Ending