FANDOM


  • No one knows what happend to the Drones after the events of Halo 3, but could the Storm covenant recruit the buggers?(Keep in mind that Storm Covies belive in the prophets as do the drones) What do you think?

      Loading editor
    • I like the idea of bringing them back in and developing them more, they just have to be implemented so that they're actually fun opponents to fight and don't induce headaches like in Halo 2 and Reach. I think ODST got the best gameplay version out of them yet, should go more towards that direction again (not with the ridiculous amount of health they had in Reach).

        Loading editor
    • Ridiculous amount?  They died with a single headshot.

        Loading editor
    • Raggedcozy
      Raggedcozy removed this reply because:
      raciest
      02:43, March 8, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • I tink it may be awsome to have drones back in halo 5 iven if they are a pain in the butt.

        Loading editor
    • There could be further Forerunner installations encountered in Halo 5, to what extent we will have to fight sentinels is anyones guess.  Sure, it might be fun to kill a floating robot, but couldn't the sentinels diverge between Halo's 1, 2, 3, and 4 and still kick ass?

        Loading editor
    • Drones didn't go into hiding like brutes so they could come back. I hope the have ODST ranks but blow up with headshots like reach

        Loading editor
    • Correct me if i am wrong but didn't the Drones unanimously join the Covenant Loyalists(the Brutes) , and the Brutes as of 2559 are stilll fighting the Elites . So with that said , it is not likely we will see Drones in an Elite faction.

        Loading editor
    • Grifkilla you are correct since the drones are hive minded, however the brutes didn't unanimously join the loyalists if you have read the Kilo-5 trilogy, and neither did the jackals, so its possible that drones may be one of a few species to return (along with skirmishers, engineers, brutes, and maybe (a likely but big maybe) the flood) but those require a different discussion page. on topic: since the covenant remnants retain a caste organized system it is likely the drones may be attracted to it as they prefer strict organization so it is possible but we just have to wait and see.

        Loading editor
    • Well we saw how loyal the Brutes were to the Elites in Halo:The Thursdays War, they hepled ignite the Elite-Civil War , lol. The Brutes on Venzia are small factions compared to the Covenant Loyalists , and according to The Return ; the Elites are still fighting a war of attriction against the Covenant Loyalists as of 2559 (2 years after Halo 4 takes place). In Halo 4 the Storm Covenant does not include Brutes, Drones, and Prophets; we can assume a faction as the Storm Covenant needs all the able bodied troops to fight the Arbiter and the UNSC , but why then would they not recruit Drones or Brutes?  My take on it is that yes the Brutes are scatterd, but overall oppose the Elites and are still fighting the Arbiter and possibly the Storm Covenant.

        Loading editor
    • 164.116.47.26 wrote:

      Grifkilla you are correct since the drones are hive minded,

      So are the hunters, but they seemed pretty split. Unless you mean their entire species is part of the same hive.

        Loading editor
    • 50.4.137.100 wrote:
      I like the idea of bringing them back in and developing them more, they just have to be implemented so that they're actually fun opponents to fight and don't induce headaches like in Halo 2 and Reach. I think ODST got the best gameplay version out of them yet, should go more towards that direction again (not with the ridiculous amount of health they had in Reach).


      Umm they were more annyoing in halo 3 and ODST than in reach, but they made only two constant appearances in reach though, plus headshots anyone?

        Loading editor
    • My idea is that the Covenant Separatists and the Storm Covies could have a race to the other species homeworlds. I think (Correct me if im wrong but) the Covies Seps and the Storm Covies both have the same species except the CS have Huragok and the SC have Kig-Yar maybe they both get Drones and Skirmishers. I think the brutes are only slaves. And the prophets just magicly dissapeared after the great war.

        Loading editor
    • In 2559 The Sepertists are still fighting the Loyalists yes, but the Prophets have gone into hiding, so the brutes are falling apart, the Elites have had 1 civil war recently, but the Brutes have almost constant civil wars on Doisac, and the Jackals didn't just join the Covenant, They are Pirates, they attacked Covenant ships so they struck a deal, Join the Covenant and we tell you where Human ships you can raid are, The drones on the other hand were most likely to have been forced to join the covenant so, unless the Loyalists appear in Halo 5, it is unlikely Drones will appear at all.

        Loading editor
    • Grifkilla 117 wrote: Well we saw how loyal the Brutes were to the Elites in Halo:The Thursdays War, they hepled ignite the Elite-Civil War , lol. The Brutes on Venzia are small factions compared to the Covenant Loyalists , and according to The Return ; the Elites are still fighting a war of attriction against the Covenant Loyalists as of 2559 (2 years after Halo 4 takes place). In Halo 4 the Storm Covenant does not include Brutes, Drones, and Prophets; we can assume a faction as the Storm Covenant needs all the able bodied troops to fight the Arbiter and the UNSC , but why then would they not recruit Drones or Brutes?  My take on it is that yes the Brutes are scatterd, but overall oppose the Elites and are still fighting the Arbiter and possibly the Storm Covenant.

      The Brutes aren't Scattered they are just unorganised, and the Storm Covenant aren't fighting the Separatists (Yet), however Jul 'Mmdama did swear vengeance for his Wife by killing the Arbiter, and the surviving ships of The Servents of Abiding Truth (3 Frigates) and what ever surviving troops they had left fled to New Llanelli. But even if they are to fight the Arbiter, the UNSC would Obliterate them.

        Loading editor
    • The Brutes aren't Scattered they are just unorganised, and the Storm Covenant aren't fighting the Separatists (Yet), however Jul 'Mmdama did swear vengeance for his Wife by killing the Arbiter, and the surviving ships of The Servents of Abiding Truth (3 Frigates) and what ever surviving troops they had left fled to New Llanelli. But even if they are to fight the Arbiter, the UNSC would Obliterate them.

      As far as we know the Covenant Loyalist leadership was destroyed ant the Ark, but in "The Return" an Elite shipmaster states that the Brutes are scatterd and leaderless but still pose a treat the Coveant Separatists.

      Jul Mdama hates the Arbiter , in Halo The Thursday's War Mdama states that he will make a third faction opposed to the Arbiter and the UNSC backed rebels . It can be assumed from this passage he will or has gone to war against the Arbiter.Pg 432 Halo Glasslands

        Loading editor
    • The Loyalist leadership is still formed by minor prophet, until 2559 when they go into hiding & Yes I also think Jul will go to war with the Arbiter, but he is more focused on killing humanity, because his wife died in a frigate crash caused by the Infinity.

        Loading editor
    • skirmishers are the same species as jackals so I thik 343 just didn't add them

        Loading editor
    • Crazy chameleon1 wrote: skirmishers are the same species as jackals so I thik 343 just didn't add them

      The Skirmishers are cousins to the Jackals but most of their military was wiped out on reach (mentioned in the Thursday War)

        Loading editor
    • I thought Jul Mdama was the main villain in Spartan Ops?

        Loading editor
    • Arigro 'Vadum wrote:

      Crazy chameleon1 wrote: skirmishers are the same species as jackals so I thik 343 just didn't add them

      The Skirmishers are cousins to the Jackals but most of their military was wiped out on reach (mentioned in the Thursday War)

      Skirmishers are mentioned to be recovering however, but the drones...yeah haven't seen those buggers for a while, they were fun to kill in Halo 2 and Reach though.

        Loading editor
    • I hope the Drones stay gone, they were annoying as hell. Not challenging but simply incredibly annoying to fight due to the excessive numbers and amount of ammo you can waste trying to kill them all. Besides, if they weren't with the Storm the first time round I doubt they'll be seen in Halo V, well unless the Storm think it's a smart idea to keep a bunch of Unmutuals at standby since they're seperate from the rest of the Drones.

        Loading editor
    • we should have drones as allies with arbiter and hunters. Everyone else is enimies. 

        Loading editor
    • 173.191.234.110 wrote:
      we should have drones as allies with arbiter and hunters. Everyone else is enimies. 

      This would actually make the most sense. I'm not sure what the current state of the covenant is but they would probably stay with the main body (Elites/Arbiter) instead of going off with some rougue splinter faction. They're collectivists so if there were none with Jul during halo 4 then I'm assuming he has little to no support from them.

      They may have even left the covenant entirely after the prophets died.

        Loading editor
    • I meant that the hunters would be split. Some missions their are blue smaller hunters as allies and in other missions the green regular sized ones. Explanation: different armor/uniform, and most hives/clans would side with Arbiter but a few hives/clans (just enough to still have the halo feel of multiple styled enemies) fled their homeland to join the Storm.

        Loading editor
    • I wonder....what would it be like to have a few of EVERY species on the opposing sides? I mean,for a long time,it's been the Humans versus everyone else,then the Sangheili joined with small groups of Unggoy,Kig-Yar,and Mgaelekgolo,then some fought with each other and opposed us again,and the Jiralhanae are just being brutal everywhere. It would actually be kinda interesting to fight alongside species like the Yanme'e,Jiralhanae,Kig-Ya,Unggoy,and Mgaelekgolo as a Human SPARTAN.

        Loading editor
    • PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: I wonder....what would it be like to have a few of EVERY species on the opposing sides? I mean,for a long time,it's been the Humans versus everyone else,then the Sangheili joined with small groups of Unggoy,Kig-Yar,and Mgaelekgolo,then some fought with each other and opposed us again,and the Jiralhanae are just being brutal everywhere. It would actually be kinda interesting to fight alongside species like the Yanme'e,Jiralhanae,Kig-Ya,Unggoy,and Mgaelekgolo as a Human SPARTAN.

      Maybe they could do a Covenant Spin-Off where you start of in the Covenant Empire, and fight along side most/all of the covenant species, but then eventually in progresses into the Covenant Civil War, but I doubt Drones and Brutes will appear commonly as Allies😞, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

        Loading editor
    • I think sentials should be back as an enemy. and for those of you halo wars lovers halo wars 2 may come out watch halo 5 follower to see more of this.

      i think promethianised grunts eliets or anythin whould be good in the game

        Loading editor
    • I'm just adding this in, Halo 3 was kind of idiotic for one reason, if the Elites left the Covenant, so would the Hunters, the Hunters respected and Follwed elites around...Just read about hunters.

        Loading editor
    • It would be cool to infiltrate a Drone Hive and kill a Queen.

        Loading editor
    • Perhaps maybe the Covenant Remnant lacks Huragoks, and now they restore the Yanme'e to their original worker/repair class. That would explain why they were absent in Halo 4; they were attending to the various Storm ships. However, if this were true, it would make no sense for them to return in later Halo titles 

        Loading editor
    • Unless you raid a Storm Ship.

        Loading editor
    • They should integrate EVA combat in space; like in the beginning of Halo: Legends The Package. Enemies would be Drones and Jackals

        Loading editor
    • Well the Drones are part of the Covenant Empire I would automatically assume they would in fact join the Storm Covenant as additional troops and given ranks like before since Halo 3: ODST. Given that the Engineers (Huragok) has the left the Covenant then that means the Drones would be the new engineers and technicians for the remnant.

      Oh here's another thing I want the Unnatural Drones to have a role in the fights as large hulking insectoid warriors all due to the Storm Covenant (Natural Drones included) experimenting with biocybernetic-augmentations and genetic mutations as means for the Unnaturals to act as brutal ground troops like the Elites and Brutes but adbeit weaker than them

        Loading editor
    • NO WAY!!!!!! I AM NOT TOUCHING HALO 5 IF IT HAS THE SPUPIDLY INSANLY ANNOYING DRONES!!!!!!!!

        Loading editor
    • Well the Brutes may join the Arbiter, but the Drones I don't know what's going to happened to them, but I think they will join eventually.

        Loading editor
    • I remember my first playthrough of The Package... I was new to shooters, and was terrible. They burned through so much of my DMR ammo it's not even funny.

        Loading editor
    • The Halo: Reach Drones were stupidly annoying, but the Halo 3 ones were fun to fight.

        Loading editor
    • It was the halo 3 ones that took all of my ammo.  Then again I was less experienced back then. 

        Loading editor
    • The Halo 3 Drones die with 3 AR shots. The Halo: Reach ones require a whole magazine.

        Loading editor
    • I hate the AR.  I was using the SMG at that piont.  In halo: reach I was using the DMR.  Simply put: Halo reach had a better gun at dispaching a harder enemy. 

        Loading editor
    • I love the AR. It's my favourite weapon.

        Loading editor
    • It has to much bloom and is too nerfed on the Mythic difficulty in Reach.  It just took to long to kill enemies for my liking in Halo 3. 

        Loading editor
    • I don't like the Reach AR, but then again, I don't like any Halo: Reach weapon.

        Loading editor
    • I like the DMR in reach.  I could probably name more if I thought about it. 

        Loading editor
    • I hate the DMR. It's my least favourite weapon.

        Loading editor
    • I am sure there is nothing we can agree on then. so sad. 

        Loading editor
    • The reason why I hate the DMR is because it's an MLG Pro weapon. It basically screams "Hey, MLG Pros, come grab me!".

        Loading editor
    • I like it because I don't have live and I don't have to put up with the mass of DMR spammers. 

        Loading editor
    • I thought the DMRs are pretty much a more futuristic version of the Bolt-Action Rifle, I assumed that the DMRs resemble a semi-auto Assault Rifle or the semi-auto 223. Caliber Rifle (Heckler & Koch SL8) from Resident Evil 4. 

      I use the DMRs and Pistols for headshot purposes in Halo: Reach. Because:

      A. It made things a whole lot more easier in Halo: Reach (especially the Nightfall level with Jun-A266)

      B. I personally enjoyed seeing the Drones being gibbed through headshots. 

      Come to think of it the Drones do look like the Novistadors from RE4. 


      Personally I want Drones to come back because:

      A. Halo 4 felt a bit empty without them.

      B. They were challenging in Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach. And I want to feel that experience again in Halo 5: Guardians

      C. I have ideas (well non-canonical ideas) for different variations, upgrades, and tougher subspecies for the Drones, and how to somewhat expand and bringing out the challenge for the Drones' gameplay

        Loading editor
    • 216.80.140.168 wrote:
      I thought the DMRs are pretty much a more futuristic version of the Bolt-Action Rifle, I assumed that the DMRs resemble a semi-auto Assault Rifle or the semi-auto 223. Caliber Rifle (Heckler & Koch SL8) from Resident Evil 4. 

      I use the DMRs and Pistols for headshot purposes in Halo: Reach. Because:

      A. It made things a whole lot more easier in Halo: Reach (especially the Nightfall level with Jun-A266)

      B. I personally enjoyed seeing the Drones being gibbed through headshots. 

      Come to think of it the Drones do look like the Novistadors from RE4. 


      Personally I want Drones to come back because:

      A. Halo 4 felt a bit empty without them.

      B. They were challenging in Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach. And I want to feel that experience again in Halo 5: Guardians

      C. I have ideas (well non-canonical ideas) for different variations, upgrades, and tougher subspecies for the Drones, and how to somewhat expand and bringing out the challenge for the Drones' gameplay

      agreed. 

        Loading editor
    • 173.189.47.87 wrote:
      Well the Brutes may join the Arbiter, but the Drones I don't know what's going to happened to them, but I think they will join eventually.

      Why would the brutes join Thel 'Vadam? brutes and elites hate each other!! Did you forget ALREADY!?!?!?!?

        Loading editor
    • 68.144.176.66 wrote:

      Why would the brutes join Thel 'Vadam? brutes and elites hate each other!! Did you forget ALREADY!?!?!?!?

      Um, have you read Halo: Escalation?

      The Brute Chieftan Lydus made a peace treaty with Thel 'Vadam.

        Loading editor
    • Commando Trooper wrote:
      68.144.176.66 wrote:

      Why would the brutes join Thel 'Vadam? brutes and elites hate each other!! Did you forget ALREADY!?!?!?!?

      Um, have you read Halo: Escalation?

      The Brute Chieftan Lydus made a peace treaty with Thel 'Vadam.

      But it wasn't very successful thanks to the Covenant Remant.

        Loading editor
    • I think they should come back since they were loyal even if the prophet died, and theres the storm faction, but in odst what rank did the silver represent.

        Loading editor
    • Drones are ugly as crap, and are insane, why would they return?

        Loading editor
    • 68.144.176.66 wrote:
      Drones are ugly as crap, and are insane, why would they return?

      I dunno, maybe because players want variety?

        Loading editor
    • hey why is it in halo 3 and halo reach you can head shot a drone but in odst you can't?

        Loading editor
    • You can't headshot Drones in Halo 3. It's just in Reach.

        Loading editor
    • oh.... weal why?

        Loading editor
    • Lord of the STARS wrote: hey why is it in halo 3 and halo reach you can head shot a drone but in odst you can't?

      Halo: Reach only dude.

        Loading editor
    • Lord of the STARS wrote: oh.... weal why?

      Because they explode into ludicrous gibs when Drones are shot in the head, bug meat had always tasted awful.

        Loading editor
    • Commando Trooper wrote:

      68.144.176.66 wrote:
      Drones are ugly as crap, and are insane, why would they return?

      I dunno, maybe because players want variety?

      That's technically why some players (me included) are still into shooters, all due to different variety reasons in games.

        Loading editor
    • 216.80.140.168 wrote:

      Lord of the STARS wrote: oh.... weal why?

      Because they explode into ludicrous gibs when Drones are shot in the head, bug meat had always tasted awful.

      You never tried it before have you?

        Loading editor
    • Lord of the STARS wrote:

      216.80.140.168 wrote:

      Lord of the STARS wrote: oh.... weal why?

      Because they explode into ludicrous gibs when Drones are shot in the head, bug meat had always tasted awful.

      You never tried it before have you?

      I don't even know if roasted Drone meat taste good!

        Loading editor
    • I can tell you this, most insects don't taste the same as another kind, so your bound to find at least 1 you like. :)

        Loading editor
    • 68.107.7.245 wrote:
      I think they should come back since they were loyal even if the prophet died, and theres the storm faction, but in odst what rank did the silver represent.

      Wrong.  Unmutuals are allies to the humans. 

        Loading editor
    • Nikoli the rebel wrote:
      68.107.7.245 wrote:
      I think they should come back since they were loyal even if the prophet died, and theres the storm faction, but in odst what rank did the silver represent.
      Wrong.  Unmutuals are allies to the humans. 

      Is there any proof of that?

        Loading editor
    • I have no proof that wild drones would even willing to choose to acknowledge the existence of other beings.

        Loading editor
    • 216.80.140.168 wrote:
      Nikoli the rebel wrote:
      68.107.7.245 wrote:
      I think they should come back since they were loyal even if the prophet died, and theres the storm faction, but in odst what rank did the silver represent.
      Wrong.  Unmutuals are allies to the humans. 
      Is there any proof of that?

      Adventures of Black team.  I will go look for a link. brb

        Loading editor
    • We dont know that , if the grunts split, or elites split, why not the drones split.

        Loading editor
    • yeah drones have been really left behind alot they should've have more ranks aswell

        Loading editor
    • You say they're ugly , yet they stayed loyal and followed the prophets rule, still confused how they formed their covenant when they can't communicate in all english and the species were mostly enslaved.

        Loading editor
    • OK. It turned out that the unmutals were actually psycholpath third parties.  

        Loading editor
    • Hmm?

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • May be the Unmutual Drones can be turned and converted into cyborg slaves of their former selves that their hierarchial masters without question. Possibly the intent by the Storm Covenant.

        Loading editor
    • cybernetic drones makes me think of that one video game THAT I CAN NEVER REMEMBER THE NAME OF that had the korothi shoganoth, the pollops, what ever those natzy rat wolves where, katholo of some kind, and another empire who's queen has a hologram chair because she can't decide what she looks like. Oh, and also the final space race are a race of cybernetic drones. Not kidding. I use to watch game play on goongle minus tube all the time..... then, I forgot what the game is called. But I love it! :D

        Loading editor
    • oh wait, I forgot about the creature with the big eye that enslaved a race called "owlocks".

        Loading editor
    • One eye?I only know of one alien in halo that has eye and that's the drinol it got cut out of halo 2 but is still in the haloverse but its not sentient meaning if it was in the covenant it would be like a pet(especially sangheili since they both come from sanghelios)but could be like a living fortress.

        Loading editor
    • you thought I was talking about halo?

        Loading editor
    • Lord of the STARS wrote:
      cybernetic drones makes me think of that one video game THAT I CAN NEVER REMEMBER THE NAME OF that had the korothi shoganoth, the pollops, what ever those natzy rat wolves where, katholo of some kind, and another empire who's queen has a hologram chair because she can't decide what she looks like. Oh, and also the final space race are a race of cybernetic drones. Not kidding. I use to watch game play on goongle minus tube all the time..... then, I forgot what the game is called. But I love it! :D

      Is it Star Wars: Republic Commando or Wolfenstein?

        Loading editor
    • not even close, thanks for trying.

        Loading editor
    • Oh hey do you know about the chieftain of the jiralhnae in halo 3 odst easter egg he looks a halo 2 brute is grey has no helmet has tartarus's sash and his gold shoulder plate and he looks maybe like a younger tartarus and maybe was the one who found tartarus's gravity hammer when it fell but in the easter egg he is in pain

        Loading editor
    • show me.

        Loading editor
    • Oh just type in halo 3 odst chieftain of the jiralhnae in google images and you'll see

        Loading editor
    • why? don't like bing?

        Loading editor
    • Bing?Sorry what's bing?

        Loading editor
    • its like google, except better, doesn't murder youtube, and doesn't threaten to one day enslave us all. http://www.bing.com/

        Loading editor
    • Hahaha okay just search up the easter egg

        Loading editor
    • He wasn't joking. 

        Loading editor
    • 14.200.94.208 wrote:
      Oh hey do you know about the chieftain of the jiralhnae in halo 3 odst easter egg he looks a halo 2 brute is grey has no helmet has tartarus's sash and his gold shoulder plate and he looks maybe like a younger tartarus and maybe was the one who found tartarus's gravity hammer when it fell but in the easter egg he is in pain

      Image please. I can't find it.

        Loading editor
    • Nikoli the rebel wrote: He wasn't joking. 

      Oh, you referring to this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfV6RzE30

        Loading editor
    • Dude! Google! I know Google is crap in all but being evil and power-hungry!

      I'm at a loss here...unless we all wished Google was still classic Google and YouTube being classic YouTube?

        Loading editor
    • I beat drones taste like chicken.

      Spartens dont need MRE's anyone

      Just shoot down a drone and cook it and there's lunch

        Loading editor
    • Drones should be in Halo 5 since they will be a flying covenant speices that can distract the player.

        Loading editor
    • But the only reason they worked for the covenant was so that they don't get glassed, and i'm not entirely sure the covenant still can glass.

        Loading editor
    • 76.29.78.244 wrote: Drones should be in Halo 5 since they will be a flying covenant speices that can distract the player.

      Didn't the watchers teach you that 343i can't make a balanced flying enemy?

        Loading editor
    • Flight? who needs flight? have you seen where kig-yar snipers can position them selves? you would think them to be merical workers.

        Loading editor
    • Dinosaur2015 wrote:

      76.29.78.244 wrote: Drones should be in Halo 5 since they will be a flying covenant speices that can distract the player.

      Didn't the watchers teach you that 343i can't make a balanced flying enemy?

      Ok Dinosaur we need to talk.  I was on your side for a long time on the whole "343i sucks at almost everything they try to do" but you should really take a step back and evaluate your position.  

      Unless you have read the good stories in Halo Escalation, heard the Hunt the the Truth episodes, read Halo: New Blood, or played spartan assault then you really shouldn't be so hard on 343.  They have turned around considerably and are actually good sterwards of the Halo verse.  You can't keep assuming that they can't even make a balanced flying enemy when the last time they tried was 2012, almost 3 years ago.  

      I think that the new 343 is shrugging off the failures of the past and are actually suceeding with decent plots, characters, and gameplay. 

        Loading editor
    • Some people just want to watch the world burn, in the shape of a bat.

        Loading editor
    • 75.88.60.212 wrote:

      Dinosaur2015 wrote:

      76.29.78.244 wrote: Drones should be in Halo 5 since they will be a flying covenant speices that can distract the player.

      Didn't the watchers teach you that 343i can't make a balanced flying enemy?

      Ok Dinosaur we need to talk.  I was on your side for a long time on the whole "343i sucks at almost everything they try to do" but you should really take a step back and evaluate your position.  

      Unless you have read the good stories in Halo Escalation, heard the Hunt the the Truth episodes, read Halo: New Blood, or played spartan assault then you really shouldn't be so hard on 343.  They have turned around considerably and are actually good sterwards of the Halo verse.  You can't keep assuming that they can't even make a balanced flying enemy when the last time they tried was 2012, almost 3 years ago.  

      I think that the new 343 is shrugging off the failures of the past and are actually suceeding with decent plots, characters, and gameplay. 

      Why would I read a comic about knockoffs?

      Or hear episodes about jerkface?

      Or read about the rookies stupid death?

      All 343i cares about is shoving their love children in our faces, due to them, halo is FUBAR.

      Not to mention the fugly Spartan 4 armors, halo 2a's screwed up graphics, overly complicated gameplay for halo 5, palmer, killing cortana, beluga-elites, cave troll grunts, cloverkigs, degrading the covenant (terrorists, seriously?), Knights which functioned like rehashed flood, turning the didact into a stereotypical villan (all he was missing was the laugh), turning buck and Romeo into knockoffs, and to top it off, chief is now on a cortana-crazed killing spree.

      But that's just my option, and I would like it if you respected it and didn't force me to like something I dont. Ok?

      But we are getting off track, to the point: I don't think drones will be in halo 5, nor do I think they should be.

        Loading editor
    • The laugh was not the only thing missing, he also needed a sceen where he leaves our hero(s) to die slowly painfully and humiliatingly then leaves the room instead of staying to watch and make sure they don't escape.

        Loading editor
    • Lol, Ya.

      I'd also assume that the drones are off doing their own thing, few are likly still a part of the covenant.

        Loading editor
    • Yanme'e are peaceful, they will not go around causing trouble willingly. Except the outcasts who are phycopaths, they deserve to be killed by a giant magnifying glass, or roasted over a giant camp fire on a giant squred.

        Loading editor
    • Exactly, there were ticked off when Lighter than some took their job.

        Loading editor
    • Oh yes and also they evy the huragoks...... to death...... but aside from those 2 possibilities they are peaceful.

        Loading editor
    • The reason Drones should be in Halo 5 is because of variety. It's just that Halo 4 felt empty to some players, if not all the players. Even if they just return in just the cutscenes repairing ships, i still think that could count. If they appeared as full-blown killable enemies, they should have the same ranks as the Halo 3: ODST ranks, with some more like Juggernauts and even Queens, with the Juggernauts being guards of the Queen.

        Loading editor
    • That is exactly the same reason kig-yar where enemies during the the elites are now on the humans side part of game play, verity. Belive it or not a lot of gammer fans would just not like not having kig-yar as enemies, it would not feel like halo to them, it would make them sad. But, for kig-yar that is job security.

        Loading editor
    • And by job security I mean our ticket to staying in halo.

        Loading editor
    • Hey speaking of game play enemy love, that reminds me, where are the brutes? isn't it also, their, ticket to staying in halo?

        Loading editor
    • Vman0 wrote: The reason Drones should be in Halo 5 is because of variety. It's just that Halo 4 felt empty to some players, if not all the players. Even if they just return in just the cutscenes repairing ships, i still think that could count. If they appeared as full-blown killable enemies, they should have the same ranks as the Halo 3: ODST ranks, with some more like Juggernauts and even Queens, with the Juggernauts being guards of the Queen.

      In the true meaning of the word, Drones would be the ones mating and protecting the Queen.

        Loading editor
    • And they have it lucky, unlike ants bees and termite who's life span is to short to do it for more then one season, they get to live for many years contenuing their happy and useful more then 1 short and broken arrow head like lives. Also males don't fly and can't talk.

        Loading editor
    • Queen termites can survive for up to three years, and some can make it into their fifth year.

      But considering everything we know of Drones, there society is more akin to Bees, in not having castes specialized for different functions. Unless the only caste humanity has encountered was the Warrior caste.

        Loading editor
    • Yes queens have the longest life span, but it was drones I was saying have short life spans. Btw when they call yanme'e drones, they mean drones as in unmained flying attack crafts. Their basically calling them weapons.

        Loading editor
    • I don't want the drones returning. They weren't really interesting to me. It's my opinion, so they might return.

        Loading editor
    • I found them more intresting than the brutes. It's a shame we still know so little about them.

        Loading editor
    • Dinosaur2015 wrote:

      It's a shame we still know so little about them.
      

      Their tecnoligy was about the same as the real world when the covenant shown up to conquer them, and yet during that battle it was the covenant who had suffered the higher number life loss, and they only won because the yanme'e had been at threat of their planet being glassed. Do you really need to know more?

        Loading editor
    • Nope.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, Drone biology could be intresting.

        Loading editor
    • What are those beetles called that have somehow ended up in north America and where estimated to be able to destroy all the trees on the continent in 10 or 12 decades?

        Loading editor
    • Not the beetles, a bacteria(?) know as Dutch elm disease.

        Loading editor
    • yamne'e anatomy is similar to that of bacteria yes, they are carnivore, but their is this spices of bacteria that lives nowhere else in the universe that lives in their stomic, they can't live with out them, and they can't live without the bacteria. It is possible they evolved symotaneusly.

        Loading editor
    • This is something a scratch user named SkittleFireHD has said about being yourself: "People can be mean, and hurtful, or say bad things about you. Though all that can happen, you should stand up for yourself. For what's right. Even if it's one against many. Be proud of who you are, not ashamed. You are special. You are unique. You are you."

        Loading editor
    • ?

        Loading editor
    • I know what he wrote and somehow highlighted seems completely off topic......... but that's only because it is.

        Loading editor
    • Vman0 wrote:
      This is something a scratch user named SkittleFireHD has said about being yourself: "People can be mean, and hurtful, or say bad things about you. Though all that can happen, you should stand up for yourself. For what's right. Even if it's one against many. Be proud of who you are, not ashamed. You are special. You are unique. You are you."

      STARS, That message is credited to SkittleFireHD, a scratcher from scratch.mit.edu.

        Loading editor
    • Again ?

        Loading editor
    • Dinosaur2015 wrote:

      75.88.60.212 wrote:

      Dinosaur2015 wrote:

      76.29.78.244 wrote: Drones should be in Halo 5 since they will be a flying covenant speices that can distract the player.

      Didn't the watchers teach you that 343i can't make a balanced flying enemy?
      Ok Dinosaur we need to talk.  I was on your side for a long time on the whole "343i sucks at almost everything they try to do" but you should really take a step back and evaluate your position.  

      Unless you have read the good stories in Halo Escalation, heard the Hunt the the Truth episodes, read Halo: New Blood, or played spartan assault then you really shouldn't be so hard on 343.  They have turned around considerably and are actually good sterwards of the Halo verse.  You can't keep assuming that they can't even make a balanced flying enemy when the last time they tried was 2012, almost 3 years ago.  

      I think that the new 343 is shrugging off the failures of the past and are actually suceeding with decent plots, characters, and gameplay. 

      Why would I read a comic about knockoffs?

      Spartan lV's aren't actually that bad.  But I have spent hours of my life on the numerous "spartan ll vs spartan lV' threads so if you really want to think that kidnapped, tramatized, unstable child soldiers are better than newer, more technologically advanced (by about 30 years) veterans of the bloodiest, grittiest conflict in human history then you are entitled to your opinion.  

      Or hear episodes about jerkface?

      Who is the jerkface?  Ben?  What did he do that pissed you off?

      Or read about the rookies stupid death?

      Are you really judging a book on the death of a (beloved) character?  The vast majority of that book was about the war period and those aren't 343ized at all. Not to mention that he died at the hands of a suidical terrorist.  Quite a way to go out with a bang. Mike's betrayal was pretty B.S. though.  

      All 343i cares about is shoving their love children in our faces, due to them, halo is FUBAR.

      I believe that they do genuinly try to tell good stories.  However, they are bringing back blue team and it looks like Buck and Romeo too in Halo 5.  They have been saying that "halo is going back to its roots"

      Not to mention the fugly Spartan 4 armors, halo 2a's screwed up graphics,

      Two valid points.  I wish they had learned how to draw pictures that people will like but I doubt it will happen.  I can live with that though just like how I overlooked some of Bungie's mistakes.  

      overly complicated gameplay for halo 5, palmer, killing cortana, beluga-elites, cave troll grunts, cloverkigs,

      They have canonized those (horrendous) species but they have also brought back the orginal covenant designs in the recent canon.  

      degrading the covenant (terrorists, seriously?),

      Terrorists is actually better than Bungie's genocidal Natzi copies.  Not to mention that Humans have their own terrorists.  There are also dozens of warring factions within the former covenant empire and the remnant is not an accurate representation of the covenant as a whole.

      Knights which functioned like rehashed flood, turning the didact into a stereotypical villan (all he was missing was the laugh),

      Not gonna argue that.  Those are good points.  But that was 3 years ago.

      turning buck and Romeo into knockoffs, and to top it off, chief is now on a cortana-crazed killing spree.

      But that's just my option, and I would like it if you respected it and didn't force me to like something I dont. Ok?

      Sure. 

      But we are getting off track, to the point: I don't think drones will be in halo 5, nor do I think they should be.

      I honestly don't care whether the drones will be in Halo 5 or not (yes I know I am on the drone thread).  They are a minor race at best and at worst they are footnote.  

      I actually do agree with you on almost all of those points.  You could have stopped at Palmer and you would have me convinced that 343 sucks PRE 2014.  But they turned Palmer around in Halo escalation.  She is actually going to feel the consequences of... well... being palmer.  

        Loading editor
    • You know, if someone is born in 1880, they can probably live long enough to see ww2.

        Loading editor
    • Lets start scratching

        Loading editor
    • Lord of the STARS wrote:
      Lets start scratching

      SCRITCHY SCRATCHY SCRITCHY SCRATCHY SCRITCHY

        Loading editor
    • Vman0 wrote:
      Lord of the STARS wrote:
      Lets start scratching
      SCRITCHY SCRATCHY SCRITCHY SCRATCHY SCRITCHY

      Wait, that was random. Anywho: SCRATCHY SCRITCHY SCRATCHY SCRITCHY SCRATCHY

        Loading editor
    • Dinosaur2015 wrote: Yes, Drone biology could be intresting.

      Now this is my theory, but. Since Drones look and may be similar to bugs (think about Flies), I don't think their biology would be interesting because they may have Similarities to bugs.

        Loading editor
    • Which only isn't interesting because you can basicly tare apart a bug and find out.

        Loading editor
    • HMS Victory a ship wrote:

      Dinosaur2015 wrote: Yes, Drone biology could be intresting.

      Now this is my theory, but. Since Drones look and may be similar to bugs (think about Flies), I don't think their biology would be interesting because they may have Similarities to bugs.

      Bugs (Hemiptera) have piercing mouthparts, Drones have chewing mouthparts. Bugs have semi hardened primary wings, drones have two sets of soft wings along side a pair of elytra (wing cases). Bugs (like all insects) have three body segments, drones have five.

      P.s. "Bug" should not be used as a synonym for "insect".

      P.s.s. Flies are Dipterans, not hemipterans.

        Loading editor
    • No no no that's Insects your thinking of, bugs are the whole list.

        Loading editor
    • No, they arnt.

        Loading editor
    • I am going to correct this stupid stuff this whole conversation is outdated.

      The 'Storm Covenant' is not the 'Storm Covenant' they are the Covenant Remnant, the Covenant remnant do not belive in the prophets and have disbanded the beliefs of the Covenant Empire and in Halo 5, drones aren't returning a trailer demo for the campaign from Locke's prospective is out and Jul Mdama's last stronghold on Sanghelios is invaded by Covenant separtists and UNSC.

        Loading editor
    • No. Frank confirmed that covenant remnant is not a proper name. There are multiple covenant factions and not a single group. This group is simply "the covenant".

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.