|This article is in need of more images and/or better quality pictures in order to achieve a higher status. You can help Halo Alpha by uploading better images on this page.|
- “The Spartans were using hologram decoys and confusing the hell outta those Grunts. Never seen anything so funny.”— Lieutenant Elizabeth Kwan
The Type-27 Responsive Holographic Form Emulator, also known as the Holographic Decoy or Hologram, is an Armor Ability featured in Halo: Reach, Halo 4, and Halo: Spartan Assault. It generates a holographic copy of the user's physical form and moves in a direction or to a point specified by the user.
Halo: Reach / Halo 4Edit
- Holograms can be used to cause opponents to waste ammo.
- Holograms can be used to cause opponents to expose their locations, weapons, or abilities.
- Holograms can be used to distract opponents.
- There are many ways to indentify a hologram from a real player:
- If a hologram takes damage, it will flicker.
- A hologram has no shadow, no secondary weapon, no Armor Ability on its back, and no Gamertag above its head.
- In Halo: Reach, a hologram will blink in the Sniper Rifle's night vision screen, the Spartan Laser's small viewscreen, the Focus Rifle's vertical viewscreen, the Revenant's driver-side monitor, and the Gauss and Rocket Warthogs' targeting screens.
- In Halo: Reach, Holograms sometimes expose themselves by flickering on their own. This was removed in Halo 4.
- In Halo 4, if a hologram is directed to stand over a dead body, it will teabag the dead player.