It was part of Admiral Carl "Buster" Patterson's force sent to Onyx to retrieve Dr. Catherine Halsey as well as the Spartan-IIs and IIIs. The battle group had five other destroyers. During the first attack on Covenant ships in orbit in the Battle of Onyx, it was damaged extensively, suffering damage to its reactor. It then transferred its load of HORNET Mines to the Prowler UNSC Dusk. It and the rest of the Battlegroup was destroyed when Covenant's reinforcements swarmed into the system.
- The ship is named after Brasidas, a Spartan general during the first decade of the Peloponnesian War who was killed at the Battle of Amphipolis.
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx (First appearance)
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: New Mombasa
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx - page 292
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx - page 325
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx - page 333