On August 30 2552, Hannibal, along with many of the UNSC's finest ships, saw action during the Fall of Reach. During the battle, Hannibal charged into the oncoming Covenant fleet and was either disabled or destroyed during the battle. The ship, along with all the lives of its crew were lost. In the aftermath of the Fall of Reach the Covenant began moving the wreckage of Hannibal, and the rest of the UNSC fleet into a concentrated region of space in a high stationary orbit over Reach's northern pole.
- The ship's name is likely a military homage to the great Carthaginian general, Hannibal, famed for his exploits against superior Roman forces on their own territory. Alternatively it could be a cultural homage to the town of Hannibal, Missouri, setting of many of literary great Mark Twain's stories.
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: First Strike
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- Halo Graphic Novel
- ↑ Halo.Bungie.Org – Determining the Real Sizes of Objects in Halo
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 238
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 53
- ↑ Halo: First Strike – page 168