The UNSC Pioneer is a Halberd-class destroyer of the UNSC Navy.
In 2525, the Pioneer was the staging ship from which the SPARTAN-IIs conducted an operation against the Eridanus Rebels to capture Colonel Robert Watts in the Eridanus system. It was also responsible for picking up the SPARTANs whenever necessary.
- It is most likely named after the Pioneers of the old west on Earth. Or it was an early made vessel and was a "pioneer " of human space exploration.
- The ship's ultimate fate is a mystery, but it may have been decommissioned or destroyed later during the War.
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- ↑ Besides the coloration of the ship and the placement of the name, this ship is visually identical to the UNSC The Heart of Midlothian meaning it's of the same class.
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 139: What those critics forgot is that a UNSC Destroyer sported 2 MAC guns, 26 oversized Archer missile pods and 3 nuclear warheads.
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, pages 76-77