Battle of EarthEdit
- Main article: Battle of Earth
During the initial attack in the Battle of Earth, the CAS-class assault carrier Solemn Penance, carrying the Prophet of Regret, broke through orbital defenses, and came to stop above the city of New Mombasa. A plan had put into place that caught the commanding officer of Say My Name off-guard; deploy ODST squads onto Regret's flagship, breaching its hull and gaining access to the interior. This attempt was foiled when the carrier jumped into Slipspace.
The Say My Name carried a large compliment drop ready of ODSTs.
- Say My Name is the only Marathon-class heavy cruiser to which a detailed look of the inside has been given, even if it is only the HEV bay.
- Halo 3: ODST (First appearance)
- ↑ On the Wayppoint article, it mentions that the Say My Name was part of the group of eight cruisers seen at the beginning of Halo 2. This grouping of ships has since been retconned to be the Fifth Fleet.
- ↑ There has been some confusion whether the Say My Name is a Heavy Cruiser or a Heavy Frigate. In its first appearance in the Superintendent viral campaign, the ship is classified as a cruiser, while in Dare's character profile in Halo 3: ODST and Halo 3: ODST Official Strategy Guide, it's referred to as a frigate. However, in the ship's intel page on Halo Waypoint, it is established to be one of the Marathon-class heavy cruisers in the Fifth Fleet during the start of the Battle of Earth.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo Waypoint - UNSC Say My Name (Defunct, copy on Wayback Machine)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Bungie.net - PARDON OUR DUST - 9/23/2008
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, Page 42
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Halo Encyclopedia, Page 251
- ↑ Halo Legendary Crate - Bonus Item: Data Drop 2 - First Twelve Hours Page 1 & Page 2
- ↑ Halo 3: ODST - Description: Appearance - Character - Veronica Dare
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Halo 3: ODST - Level: Prepare To Drop