It was the flagship of a small task force sent to Onyx to retrieve Dr. Catherine Halsey, her SPARTAN-IIs, and the SPARTAN-IIIs. During the Battle of Onyx, the ship survived the first and second attacks on the Covenant fleet but was destroyed when overwhelming Covenant reinforcements arrived from Joyous Exultation.
- Stalingrad (now Volgograd) was the site of a brutal battle during the Second World War in which over a million lives were lost, giving it the nickname "The Bloody Cauldron," popularly seen as marking the easternmost mark of the German invasion and the turning point of the war on the eastern front. The weakening of the German army at Stalingrad would ultimately culminate in the decisive battle at Kursk.
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx (First appearance)
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia, page ??
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 294
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 298
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 333