- Main article: Human-Covenant war
While on a mission to the planet Algolis, it was attacked and overrun with Covenant forces. It was later learned that the reason the ship was hijacked was in order for the Covenant to retrieve human navigation data, which would lead them to all the human colonies. There was only one survivor of the initial boarding action, ODST Michael Baird. The ODST Sergeant had been sedated during the attack and the Covenant had missed him thinking that he was dead. After fighting his way to the bridge, Baird self-destructed the ship by letting the enemy kill him and therefore letting the ship's onboard A.I., Mo Ye have the authorization to destroy the ship. This was a side action during the Battle of Algolis.
- The ship was named after The Heart of Midlothian by Sir Walter Scott, the seventh of his Waverly Novels, considered by many to be his finest book.
- It also shares its name with a football club of the same name based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Edinburgh is where former Bungie member Frank O'Connor lived, and his favourite team was the Heart of Midlothian F.C.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Have S'moa
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Halo Waypoint
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions, Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian