The Warthog APC is a variant of the standard M12 Light Reconnaissance Vehicle which has been built as an armored personnel carrier. It contains a heavily armored passenger section used to carry troops and supplies.
The United Rebel Front created their own APCs by modifying existing Warthogs, cutting them in half and welding on a new midsection large enough to carry ten men. One of these was used during the Raid on Camp New Hope, when a URF base located on Victoria in the 111 Tauri system was attacked by SPARTAN-IIs of Blue Team. While armor-piercing small-arms rounds are capable of penetrating its side, the transport compartment features a top hatch which allows passengers to engage the enemy.
- Contrary to popular belief, it is not the transport Warthog seen in early Halo 2 renders or Halo 3 which is the M831 Troop Transport Warthog.
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia, page 251
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 34
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 39
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 40