|There is more information available on this subject at Xbox One on the English Wikipedia.|
The Xbox One is an eighth-generation video game console and the successor to the Xbox 360. It was officially revealed by Microsoft on May 21, 2013, and was released on November 22, 2013 in 13 countries and globally in 2014.
- Storage: 500GB hard drive
- RAM: 8GB
- Processor: 1.75 GHz 8-core x86 AMD
- Optical drive: Blu-ray/DVD/CD
- 3 x USB 3.0
- HDMI Input
- HDMI Output
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n Dual-Band at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- Wi-Fi Direct
Day One Edition
On June 10, 2013, during their E3 2013 press conference, Microsoft announced that a Day One Edition of the console would release along with the standard console on November 22, 2013. The Day One Edition would be priced the same as the regular console and would include a limited edition Xbox One controller, a token to unlock an exclusive achievement, a decal, and a premium packaging. This bundle also comes with exclusive DLC for the following games:
- Ryse: Son Of Rome: Exclusive multiplayer map and sword along with bonus attributes.
- Forza Motorsport 5: Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.
- Kinect Sports Rivals: Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your champion from the rest of the world.
- Dead Rising 3: Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs along with bonus attributes.
Xbox One S
The following is a list of Halo products available on the Xbox One.
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
- Halo Wars 2
- Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox 360 version)
- Halo Wars
- Halo: Reach
- Halo 3
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Halo 4
- The Xbox One is backwards compatible with some Xbox 360 games.
- Microsoft originally planned for the Xbox One to be an "always-online" console, in which the console could only go offline for 24 hours before having to connect to the Internet. The company has since backtracked on this policy, and now the Xbox One will only be required to connect to the Internet once during the initial set-up of the console.
- At launch, the Xbox One was supposed to be available in 21 countries, but was only made available in 13 due to lack of language support.
- On August 12, 2013, Microsoft announced that the Kinect system will be optional and the Xbox One will be able to function without it. Microsoft announced in late January 2014 that they would release an update that would increase the Xbox Ones GPU power by reducing the power reserved for the Kinect.
- On May 13, 2014, Microsoft announced that there will be an Xbox One without a Kinect for $399. Additionally, the Games for Gold program will be available on the Xbox One.
- ↑ GameSpot - Microsoft to release the Xbox One on November 22
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Halo Waypoint - Halo Community Update, Halo Summer Celebration
- ↑ Xbox.com - Backward Compatibility
- ↑ Xbox.com - Your Feedback Matters
- ↑ TheGuardian.com - Xbox One now functions without Kinect switched on
- ↑ Xbox.com - Delivering More Choices for Fans