|This article does not have enough inline citations or proper citation format. You can help Halo Alpha by adding citations.|
The Z-040 Attenuation Field Generator/Localized, more commonly known as the Pulse Grenade, is a Promethean Forerunner grenade appearing in Halo 4. Like most Promethean weapons, it is made from ionized particles. It is roughly cube-shaped with the appearance of a platonic icosahedron (a 20-faced polyhedron) with bright orange spikes on each corner of the face. When detonated, it releases a powerful pulse of ionized particles which forms a bright orange sphere.
The Pulse Grenade causes two explosions: once upon contact with any hard surface and again after a few seconds. Between these two pulses, it generates a spherical area-of-effect that slows vehicles and drains shields and health (similar to the EMP effect of the Power Drain). When killed by a Pulse Grenade, the target will disintegrate into orange particles of energy.
- The Pulse Grenade is much more effective than other grenades at area denial.
- One explosion is enough to completely strip a Spartan's shields or kill a Spartan with low shields. A single Pulse Grenade can kill a Spartan if the Spartan is impacted by both the initial and final explosions.
- Vehicles that enter the orange glow are slowed down.
- Because the Pulse Grenade detonates upon impact instead of bouncing, it is much easier to aim.
- Players who choose the Pulse Grenade in their loadout will spawn with one grenade instead of two. Using the Grenadier Tactical Package will increase this to two.
- The Pulse Grenade's orange glow is very noticeable and thus easy to avoid.
- Because the Pulse Grenade detonates upon impact instead of bouncing, unlike other grenades, it cannot reach some areas by being bounced off of surfaces.
- In the Halo 4: Official Game Guide, the Pulse Grenade is mistakenly portrayed as a star-shaped device with six spikes. In Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, it is shown to be cube-shaped with eight spikes.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Halo Waypoint - Universe - Pulse Grenade
- ↑ Halo 4: Official Game Guide , page 47