- On January 1, the sign reads, "Baby Shark Petting," and it has a picture of a little kid petting a smiling shark.
- On Bungie Day, the "No Swimming" sign has a poster taped over it with a picture of a decapitated dog's head with what looks to be rabbit ears instead of dog ears. It reads "Are you finding Ling Ling's head?" This is a reference to an ongoing Bungie joke that is about a dog's head in a jar that was left behind by the Bungie creators roommate, who was a medical student. The Bungie team had decided to keep the Ling-Ling's Head after their roommate had left, and Ling-Ling's head is now in the Bungie Studios refrigerator.
- On October 31, the sign reads, "Danger, Carnage Zone," and shows a stick man being disemboweled.
- On December 25, the sign reads, "Danger, This Soffish, DO NOT EAT!" and shows a Soffish toy on a small blue dinner plate.
When a player opens the gate, the screen where the switch is activated has a "Blue-Screen" error (that occurs on the Microsoft Windows OS), commonly referred to as the Blue Screen of Death (or BSOD).
A total FU exception has occurred at your location. All system functionality will be terminated. *Press any key to power cycle the system. If system does not restart; scream at top of lungs and pound on keypad. *If you need to talk to a programmer press any other key Press any key to continue_
Find Ling-Ling's HeadEdit
If the base's gate hasn't been opened, you can see faint outlines of a dog's head and a Grunt's head on the big metal base in the bottom middle of the gate. The inside-facing image looks like a dog's head, and the outer side is a grunt's head, with respirator. This is much easier to see if you throw a plasma grenade at it.
- It is possible to see the signs when it is not the correct date. First put the date of one of the signs in the Xbox or PC options and then play Halo 2 and go to Zanzibar. You will see the sign of which ever one's date you put on the Xbox or PC.